I can’t believe it has been a year! So much has happened.
I started this blog because I was having trouble finding security awareness advice that didn’t come from vendors. The material from vendors is often very high quality but vendors tend to only talk about things that their products can solve.
I wanted a blog that talked about the problems I was having but that were not solvable with a product or service. You know, the really tough stuff. When my search came up empty, I decided to start this blog.
And what a year it has been! Since starting this blog:
- I have spoken at 3 InfoSec conferences and events (including RSA!)
- I have presented security topics at 2 InfoSec companies and a major bank
- I published a book in cooperation with the top security awareness companies
- Tech City named me a “World-Leading exceptional talent in the field of Cybersecurity”
- I moved to Scotland to work with the top UK banks
Now I am working on projects that combine security training, building security culture, and user behaviour analytics into a cohesive package.
And, oh, the plans I have for this blog!
Thank you for being with me on this journey and please feel free to reach out in the comments.